Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
ORAL PRESENTATION TOPICS AND GUIDELINES
1. Introductory remarks: Students are asked to create and present a poster on the given topics that follow. Each section will be graded separately to a total max. of 20 marks.
2. Topic and content: – The role of International Institutions in the creation and implementation of International Law: [Organization case studies]
– The objective of this assignment is to present the various roles that international organizations play in the creation and implementation of International Law. Students need to identify the mandate, highlight the historical landmarks, analyze the structure and present UAEs interaction with any given organization.
– The assignment has a written (poster) and an oral (presentation) part. Each part gets a max. of 10 marks.
3. Grading: – 25 marks max.
– See below for the breakdown of marks
– Failure to comply with the Oral Presentation Deadline: 1.5 marks penalty – Failure to comply with the Poster Submission Deadline: 1.5 marks penalty – If both deadlines are not met: 4 marks penalty
– Plagiarism rules apply (Turnitin check)
4. Specs for poster: – The poster should be A3 size, in .pptx of .pdf format. (0.5 mark)
– You should provide short and clear texts (1 mark)
– Use “in-text citation” style (1 mark)
– Include at list two pictures/ diagrams/ maps (all of them should be
– Provide a sources list.
– Similarity report: applicable
– Posters should be sent to the course instructor prior to the presentation date.
5. Poster content (boxes):
– Mandate and objectives of the International Organization (1 mark)
– Identity of the I.O.: i. Founding treaty, ii. Date of foundation, iii. Seat, iv. Membership (in
numbers), v. Name and Origin of the Secretary General/ Chairpersons (0.5 mark)
– Timeline with at least 5 important landmarks regards the function of the I.O. (1 mark)
– Permanent bodies of the I.O. (1 mark)
– Relations of the UAE with the I.O. (1.5 mark)
Each box should contain bullet points, not long paragraphs (timeline is exempted of this limitation)
– List of Sources (full reference) (1 mark)
– At least 2 maps/ pics/ diagrams (include sources) (1 mark)
– Do not forget to add: Name – ID – Course Code and Title – Date (0.5 mark)
6. Oral Presentation: – Students will have 5’ minutes to present their posters and respond to questions asked by the instructor, on the given dates.
– Keeping time (2.5 marks)
– Accuracy (2.5 marks)
– Clarity (2.5 marks)
– Fluency (2.5 marks)
– Discussion (2.5 marks)
7. Poster tutorials (please view before you start preparing your posters)
– Academic – Content: Making a better research poster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwMFhyH7_5g
– Lay out – Image: How to make an academic poster in powerpoint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnhoIbfcoM
8. Due date: Presentations will be held according to the calendar above and final posters must be submitted by Dec. 5th, 2022.
List of topics and presentation dates
1. 171410024 Hessa Nasser Abdulla Ali AlRemethi.
The role of International Institutions in the creation and implementation of International Law. Case study: GCC- Gulf Cooperation Council