Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
• The queries should be answered in an essay response of at least 1250 words (typically five double-spaced typed pages).
◦ Note: 1250 words should be seen as a minimum; please do not go over 2500 words for each question.
• Answer all parts of the question
• Make explicit references both to relevant readings and to the online lessons.
• When referring to the readings, provide a clear reference to the article you are addressing e.g., (Halperin, p. 261) and give at least one short quote from each text you are addressing (be sure to provide page numbers).
◦ Keep quotes short and relevant—no longer than 3 sentences.
• For online lesson material, be sure it is clear who or what is being discussed e.g., the Watcher myth, Augustine, Jewish views concerning sex.
In order to receive full points, you must do the following:
2 Demonstrate that you are able to fairly and accurately provide a summary of the portion of the texts and lectures selected to support your response to the question.
◦ You will lose points
1 if you misinterpret important parts of the articles or lectures or
2 if you omit elements central to the assigned question.
3 Provide appropriate quotes from the relevant readings and accurate paraphrases from the lectures to support the points you are developing.
4 Make connections between the readings and between the readings and the lectures.
5 Clearly synthesize and connect content from the readings and lectures to the question topic.
Grades will be based on your success in addressing these four criteria.
One theme we have been discussing in week one is the impact of the association of sex, or certain types of sex, with harm and how this conception is linked to the view of active and passive roles in sexuality.
For the four time periods discussed in the early portion of the class (Pre/Early History, Greek, early Jewish, early Christian), discuss whether and how sex has been linked to harm. Provide information and illustrations from a) the modules; b) the Symposium, c) Halperin, and d) Bullough.
1 For each time period and for each example considered:
◦ make clear whether sex has been linked to harm in that time period;
◦ and if it has:
1 explain the nature of the linkage between sex and harm, as well as
2 who is being harmed and how.
1 For each instance where you have identified a connection between sex and harm, discuss whether the conception is linked to the view of active and passive roles in sexuality.
Provide at least one illustrative quote from each reading in support of your claims.
Read Neel Burton, A Study of Wonder
Read Plato, Symposium
Read Halperin, “Is there a History of Sexuality?”
Read “Medieval Concepts of Adultery” by Vern L Bullough, Arthuriana, Volume 7, Number 4, Winter 1998, pp. 5-15
Read “Eroticizing Eve: A Narrative Analysis of Eve Images in Fashion Magazine Advertising” by Shelly Colette, Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion, Volume 31, Number 2, Fall 2015, pp. 5-24