Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Read the chapter 2 (pages 17 – 36) about the Four Strands of Science Learning. As I’ve said before, this book is pre-NGSS, so some terminologies are different (strands – dimensions). Be sure to read the class vignette, “Biodiversity in a City Schoolyard.”
Let’s compare Mr. Walker and Ms. Rivera’s biodiversity project with NYSSLS for K-2 or 3-5. Focus either on the K-2 or 3-5 standards (links listed below).
1. Find connections to Disciplinary Core Ideas (this equates to Strand 1, Understanding Scientific Explanations). List DCI’s for K-2 or 3-5 covered with this project.
2. Find connections to Science and Engineering Practices (this equates to Strand 2, Generating Scientific Evidence). List SEP’s for K-2 or 3-5.
3. Find connections to Crosscutting Concepts (this equates to Strand 3, Reflecting on Scientific Knowlege). List CCC’s for K-2 or 3-5.
4. How were math and language arts integrated throughout (loosely equates to Strand 4: Participating Productively in Science).
5. Finally, share what parts of this lesson/unit of study could you see implementing with your student (or prospective students). What limitations do you see holding you back?
Your response for questions 1 – 4 will be brief listings of standards or connections to math and ELA. For question 5, share honest reflections and ideas for how your class community could empower choice and voice. A response (#5) should be 100+ words. To encourage collaboration and flow of our ideas of our educational community,
LINKS FOR STANDARDS: