Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Being able to summarize and understand the main features of a legal decision is an essential
skill in interpreting the law. In this final assignment of the course, you will be asked to read,
digest and understand a selected case outside of our reading list but related to the course
In the Quiz section of Quercus, you will be asked to answer a series of short questions. The
questions are as follows:
• Give the case citation (1 point)
• Who is the plaintiff/appellant? (1 point)
• Who is the defendant/respondent? (1 point)
• What Court/Board/Tribunal decided this case? (1 point)
• What was the main issue of this case? (1 point)
• Summarize the arguments for the plaintiff/appellant. 100 words or less (2 points)
• For which party did the Court/Board/Tribunal decide and why? 200 words or less (3
If you would like to have further instruction on how to read a case, refer to Zariski, Archie M.,
Legal literacy: an introduction to legal studies, AU Press, 2014, pp. 134-140
• Zariski, A. (2014). Legal literacy : an introduction to legal studies . AU Press.
UTL link to eBook
o See in particular the Reading Cases section in Chapter 8, Legal interpretation: Skills and
techniques for making sense of law
its basically a case summary.