Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
1. How did Archaic and Classical Greeks interpret their myths? How does Euhemerism differ from the allegorical method? What was the ancient Greek belief about myth’s relation to history? In what ways could a city-state, such as Athens, employ myth to bolster its prestige or political authority?
2. Some 19th century scholars regarded mythmaking as a quasi-scientific attempt to interpret the natural world and/or the human social environment. Describe the nature, ritual, charter, and etiological theories about the origin or purpose of myth.
3. Some scholars believe that mythmaking is an innate—and spontaneous—function of the human mind. Explain some psychologically based theories of myth, particularly the claims that Freud and Jung made about the operations of the human psyche. Define the terms collective unconscious, anima, animus, archetype, shadow, and individualism.
4. When, in your opinion, is it necessary to have a theory that interprets myth? When isn’t it necessary?
5. Which interpretive theory do you find most useful? Why?